Social Icons

Pages

Thursday, February 16, 2012

So, funny thing...



happened to me last week.  Well not funny in the truly ha, ha sense.  Somehow I have managed to mess up the muscles in my pelvis and am needing to lay off the exercise for an undetermined amount of time!  Yes, I know in my last post I was optimistic and feeling great about not getting sick.  I hadn't thought about injuries, as I've been super careful this time.   My exercise regime right now consists of shuffling on the treadmill at a low speed.  NO yoga, weights or running.  I am in constant pain, and barely control it using Advil and Tylenol during the day at work.  I was doing okay yesterday until my Superstar ran into me from behind during gym class.  He knocked me off balance and from then on I had a super headache and pain radiating down my left leg.  (He wasn't paying attention to where he was going AND wasn't running where he should have been)
I prepped for a TOC and called in after a dreadful night's sleep.  Chris wrote to tell me that half the staff is out today AND there is an inservice going on in town.  There are no TOC's for my class, so Chris has half my kids and another teacher has taken the other half.  I felt really horrible about that, wishing I had just dosed myself with relaxants and gone in.  Hmmm, that would have been a very relaxed day in my room I think. 
 I was feeling a little sorry for myself when I got the news on Tuesday, because exercise had become part of my schedule.  I didn't fight it mentally anymore and I was used to it.  No I didn't enjoy it, but I realized that it was a necessary part of my life.  I was hoping that I would start seeing results soon.  Now I have to start again in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for looking. Please leave a message so that I know you were here!

 
Blogger Templates