Social Icons

Pages

Monday, October 8, 2012

Thank Goodness for Mothers!

The school year is in full swing and we are already facing our first reports home this week.  Along with the actual teaching in my day, there are also meetings about students, workshops to improve and accent my teaching as well as lengthy union meetings.  Fun times! 
Admist all this, my mom came for a visit.  She has been steadily filling my freezer for a week with baking and yummy food so that we can get through the winter.  Ha!  What it really means is that Mr. can eat yummy sweet treats and I have a few less dinners to make. 
The weather has been wonderful, and on Saturday I was able to walk around in a t-shirt and shorts (probably for the last time this year) while Mom and I toured around town.  It has been great having her here and I wish they lived closer so that we don't have to pack so much into a short time. 
Mom came to school for a day last week, and was a little tired by the end of the day.  I had her cutting and laminating for most of the day.  The kids were a little curious about her and I'll probably get questions about when she'll be back.  This holiday weekend, we traveled about looking at scrapbooking stuff, did some gardening and she did some more baking.  Weight Watchers took a hit this weekend for sure.  Mom cooked a wonderful turkey dinner for Sunday and we ate early so Mr. could play hockey comfortably later in the evening.  Today we went for a walk in the Community Forest, even though the weather has now turned cold and damp.  Mom snapped pictures of our forest so she can take them back and show her friends.  My dad called this afternoon to brag about how hot it still was and how he was headed to the lake for a swim with the dog.  I hope he gets a sun burn!
Hope you had a great weekend!



1 comment:

  1. From Mr. We both know that I won't be the only one eating sweet things from the freezer this winter.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for looking. Please leave a message so that I know you were here!

 
Blogger Templates