Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

So...

during this break I have been a little creative and other than making a mess, have actually managed to do a few pages for the 2009-2010 book that I started and forgot to update.  The theme here has been old product.  I have tons of product that I collected because I really liked and then forgot to use it.  I was inspired by Amy Sorenson over at Write. Click. Scrapbook.  I started rooting through my stuff and made little kits to use with some pictures that I had hanging around for a while.  Here are a couple of results.




 For this layout I used Basic Grey from the Urban Prairie collection, a Tattered Angels butterfly, some old flowers I had hanging around from Prima and Heidi Swapp (I think), and metal charm letters from Making Memories that I've had for about 8 years.  I can't remember the company that the black rhinestones came from.  They were a freebie a couple of years ago.






 This layout was done again with old Basic Grey.  Oh Boy I think it was called.  I didn't want to do a huge layout with the pictures from Summer of 2009, but I wanted to put something in the book.  The pictures show Hornby Island ferry, Market Days in Courtenay, and a car cruise we went on with my parents.  We did a lot that summer.

I was also able to finish the Week in our Life album that I'd started at the beginning of the month.  I used Cosmo Cricket Circa 1934 and 7 Gypsies that I'd bought last fall.  I sewed the Cosmo pages together to make a place to put the pics, used the 7 Gypsies Ephemera as journalling cards and sewed page protectors into little pockets for the little bits of paper from our lives.  I bound it all together using my Cinch (which I totally love) and voila!  A snippet from our lives.


             This was a fun little project when it was over, but remembering to get a photo or two a day and collecting the bits and pieces was a little tough.  I'll probably do it again in the Summer as another snapshot.  It's as close as I can get to doing a Project 365.  Maybe I can work myself into it one day.               

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for looking. Please leave a message so that I know you were here!

 
Blogger Templates