Social Icons

Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spring is coming

Today the sun was out for quite a while.  The sounds of dripping is everywhere and the air feels so wet.  I am typing this while I watch a steady stream of water coming from the middle of my front eavestrough.  That's right the middle.  It is making a huge whole in the little garden under it, drowning a new little delphinium that I planted last summer.  If it survives it will be a miracle.  Chris started to move some of the snow today from the front walk.  By moving I mean putting it out into the street so it will melt.  It's not attractive, but it's effective.  We have to do something, as the snow is so deep it might not melt until August!  I wandered around outside (the best I could with all the snow) and started to make little plans.  Gravelling the driveway, getting the eaves fixed freshening up the steps in the front.  Of course everything is still completely covered by 2 or more feet of snow, but it makes me feel better to think ahead to warmer weather.  I made some phone calls for estimates, got some info about doing the driveway.  We'll see how much it's all going to cost, but it looks like I'll have to get that second job after all.
I was inspired by the beautiful weather to make something beautiful to eat.  This is a new favourite, a yummy salsa full of colour.  We had it for lunch. It made me think that Spring is really just around the corner.

We met Heather and Mike for dinner and had a great time chatting and catching up.  It really feels like we haven't seen them for ever.  Heather is due in about a month and they both seem excited about being parents.  I worry for them living out in P-town though, so far from everything.  They'll work it out, I just know that I didn't like the isolation when I lived out there, I can't imagine it with a new baby.
We have decided to go to school tomorrow as we left quickly before break because of the Harry Potter incident.  I have to figure out what I'm going to teach the Tadpoles over the next little while.  Only a few more months to go.  Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for looking. Please leave a message so that I know you were here!

 
Blogger Templates