Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Reading

I've been trying to read a bit more lately.  I was devouring books at the start of the summer, but working full-time slowed that down quite a bit.  Currently, I have a couple of books on the go.

American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld
It's a book of fiction based on the life of Laura Bush.  It's pretty interesting, and I've checked out some of the information in the book.  When it came out originally, the Bush family was not impressed.  I understand why.

Still Missing by Chevy Stevens
This is a very disturbing but riveting book about a real estate agent who is abducted and held captive for a long period of time.  As much as my skin crawls when I'm reading the heroine's story, I can't seem to put it down for long.  I do remember that real estate agents were being targeted for crimes a while back, but the author found inspiration while she herself was an agent. 

A couple of books have been returned without being finished, they just didn't capture my attention enough;
The Happiness Project (boring), and One Day (I'll just see the moving instead)

What have you been reading lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for looking. Please leave a message so that I know you were here!

 
Blogger Templates