Social Icons

Pages

Thursday, August 25, 2011

A Sweet Surprise

I went to pick up my things at the Fair and ta-da, I won some categories!  I was surprised.  I entered all 6 categories and came away with 3 first place ribbons and a second.  I didn't get to take a good look at all the entries, but I was happy and proud.  I have never entered any challenges or shown my projects to anyone outside of my network of friends and family. 
The mini album was made with Graphic 45 paper, grunge board and lots of Tim Holtz dies and inks. 
The second place item, was made using an old sewing pattern, paint, Maya mists, Tim Holtz masks and scraps I had laying around.  I also added some TH metal and tissue tape.  I was inspired by a piece that Julie Fei-Fan Balzer did a while ago. 
The journaling piece was the story of our engagement, and I didn't have any pictures for that page, so I used memorabilia from that weekend.  The paper is Basic Grey, the frame is Making Memories and the cardstock is Bazzil.
The 2 smaller pages are from a book I did for Chris about his trip to Hawaii (pre Jen), and I have to say I don't remember the products I used for it, as it was many years ago that I did this layout. 
Overall, I am happy that I entered, just for the experience.  The prizes weren't too bad either ;0.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for looking. Please leave a message so that I know you were here!

 
Blogger Templates