Social Icons

Pages

Thursday, August 18, 2011

I'm starting to freak out ...

just a little.  I had set myself up for all kinds of professional development this summer, and none of it happened!   I don't know what happened, I had the best of intentions.  I was going to check out all this stuff I'd bookmarked and heard about during the school year.  Then June 30th came and I checked out.  Even now, I am finding it hard to read all the blog posts from education gurus and such.  I haven't done nearly enough readings and explorations.  My days off right now are spent recovering and the last thing I feel like doing is work. 
Hopefully this wears off really soon.  August is spinning away quickly and I have to get into my classroom and get it ready.  I wonder how many other places don't have their classes set for the first week of school?  I find it very irritating that my first week is spent babysitting kids while doing "community building" activities like re-reading school rules or making up new school songs.  There are some things that I am looking forward to like Identity Day.  I'm hoping that we can do it in January or February when the Winter Blues are out and about.  We'll see.  Not having staff meetings will be interesting.  Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for looking. Please leave a message so that I know you were here!

 
Blogger Templates