Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, October 16, 2016

As some of you know, my mom comes to visit us every October for about 2 weeks.  When she comes, our house is filled with the smells of baking and other yummy things.  Usually, the weather cooperates and we have lovely walks outside in the sunshine.  This year, not so much.  The snow has not disappeared as I expected it to, and it has been a little chillier than normal, hitting the minus 6 range some days.  Finally today the sun came out and we managed a walk around the neighbourhood.

When Mom comes up we also do a project.  It is usually a paper project of some kind, like a mini album.  This year she chose a junk journal...
This is what my kitchen table looked like when we started!

We have decided to have our turkey dinner next weekend instead, so that Mom could take charge of it.  Things never quite turn out the way I expect them when I'm in charge of cooking a turkey.  It's better for everyone, if she does it.  We had a pretty chill weekend, Chris is still not feeling well and has a horrible cough.  We did go to the birthday party of our favourite 2 year old.  He looked so
grown up and looked like he was having a good time.  He certainly has the candle blowing down, Chris was taking pictures and almost missed it!  It was nice to catch up with friends we haven't seen in a little while.

The next couple of days are supposed to be sunny, but then we get some snow at the end of the week.  I think Autumn is over and Winter has moved in.  I managed to save some herbs that I was growing on the back deck, we'll see if they survive.  I wanted to dry them, but I'm not sure I will be able to.  I need to nurse them back to health and see what happens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for looking. Please leave a message so that I know you were here!

 
Blogger Templates