Social Icons

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My iPhone saga

I waited a year to get my phone.  I knew I wanted an iPhone and when I heard about the 4s and the camera, I decided to get one.  I waited and waited and finally got it at the end of June.  I charged it up and tried to text a picture.  Didn't work.  It didn't work the other 10 times I tried it, so back to the Bell kiosk.  She turned it on and off and then it worked.  I'd done that, but nothing had happened.  Then I noticed that my battery was close to 0% by the end of the day, but put it down to using it a lot.  When we went on our trip, the battery was dead every night and I wasn't using it at all.  We stopped at Bell in Nanaimo, where they turned the Blutooth off and told me that was the problem.  Then told me that I'd have to contact Apple with further concerns.  So I did.  We made a special trip to the Apple store in Richmond Center on the way home.  The Genius did a reboot and a diagnostic check and sent me on my way.  When I asked what I should do when this didn't work, he said to go back to an Apple store.  I explained that the closest store was roughly 7 hours away, he kinda shrugged and told me I'd have to call Apple.  I did.  I spent close to 1/2 an hour on the phone the first time and then had to call back to finish the call and spent another 1/2 an hour to be told that a box would be sent by UPS and I would have to send the phone to them.  We don't have UPS (which I explained to the nice man on the phone) and was told that a box would appear the next day.  When came 2 days later, I was actually surprised it came as fast as it did.  I had explained to the person on the phone that I live very far north, and we don't have all the services a bigger center would have, but he assured me that the turn around with my phone would be quick.  
I was very impressed with the box sent by apple.  It had everything I'd need to send the package back, including a little piece of packing tape to seal the box.  I followed the directions and called UPS to schedule a pick-up.  The man assured me that someone would come to the house to pick up my package the next day, by 7pm.  I was still on holidays, so I waited all day for someone to come.  No one did.  They didn't come the day after that either.  So I called back.  The woman I talked to looked it up and found that the 3rd party they use in the area, didn't even respond to the delivery request.  She told me that she'd send it again.  For the 3rd time that week, I told them that we don't have UPS and we don't have a drop off location.  (I've had to meet delivery people in some weird places in the past).  She assured me that they would come out to my school, which is 20 minutes into the middle of nowhere, and pick it up.  I just had to leave it with the secretary.  Yeah right!  I received a message from a person from Purolator from back east somewhere, telling me to contact them and that they were not coming to pick up my package.  Nice.  When I returned her call, of course being 3 hours ahead, no one answered.  Another message left.  Another day lost, with my phone sitting in a box. 
I called Apple back and after explaining the problem I was put on hold for around 20 minutes while the rep found someone else for me to talk to.  Jacob came on the phone, listened to me and told me that he'd look into the problem and call me back.  He did about 30 minutes later, to tell me that there was no UPS in the area (!) and that he was going to have the Purolator people figure it out.  Great.  Another day went by and I received a phone message to call someone at Purolator.  She was in my time-zone, so that helped.  Karen took my info and then emailed me a Canada Post mailing label that I had to tape onto the box and take to the post office and mail!  Had this been done in the first place, maybe I would have my phone.  Instead, it took a week from the day I posted it to make its way to Vaugn Ontario! I have received notice that Apple sent me my replacement on the 21st.  I am just crossing my fingers that it gets here in the next couple of weeks.  I'm still paying the bill that goes with that phone and haven't been able to use it.  
Unfortunately, the good customer service that I have received on the phone has been overshadowed by the rest of this.  Communication people!  It's frustrating when you tell people something and they disregard it.  I am just praying that I get my new phone and it works like it's supposed to.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for looking. Please leave a message so that I know you were here!

Blogger Templates