Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

This week was a busy one for sure.  We had the first full week with our classes, I worked 2 nights, went to the gym with Ang 2 times, and went to a ball party.  Whew! 

I had forgotten what it was like at the beginning of the year, when you have to teach all the routines in your classroom to a new bunch of kids.  I had been spoiled during the first week because my students from last year remembered the way things go and moved through the class naturally.  My new students are getting there quickly though. 

I made the decision to go to the gym this week, over doing anything else.  It was strange because I've never put any kind of physical activity over the rest of my life.  I was sore for the rest of the week, but I'll do it again this Monday and Wednesday.

The working 3 shifts a week is okay.  Mostly I'm feeling like I'm short on time, but I'm not stressing about it.  Other things will get done when they get done.  I have been spending much less time on the couch, (therefore less blogging for sure) and trying to find that balance between things I want to do (like read a novel) and things I need to do (cooking dinner, cleaning the bathroom).  The one good side effect is that my insomnia is at bay right now and I have been falling asleep quickly and staying that way.

Trying to be social in this crazy schedule is a challenge, but I'm still managing to do that.  I saw the moving "The Help" on Friday night with Heather.  It was a good movie.  I would watch it again.  The book was better, but the movie was good. 

Today is Sunday and I have a long list of things that I am supposed to get done on this one day off of mine.  I have to be honest and say that not all of them will get done.  I have a couple of hours before the football game is over and we go do errands.  I really want to escape into my room and get crafty.  In fact, I can hear my room calling my name....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for looking. Please leave a message so that I know you were here!

 
Blogger Templates