Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

duties

Job action is frustrating.  While I know that it is my duty as a member of the union, it goes against many things that I believe in.  We are supposed to have limited contact with our AO, dividing our staff and making it difficult to do our jobs.  We are also supposed to limit our contact with parents, not doing any formal reporting or meeting outside of school time.  This is making it difficult to build relationships with our parents.  I like talking with parents about their kids and I like getting to know them.  Don't get me wrong, I don't love doing report cards and I think the October interim report is ridiculous, but it's the conversations and the face to face interactions that I miss. I wish there was a way that we could have an effective job action but still build the community and support for teachers that is needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for looking. Please leave a message so that I know you were here!

 
Blogger Templates