Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, April 9, 2011

The Time of Water is here

I didn't really think about what all that snow would become when Spring finally came.  Maybe it was because after the 5th month of winter, I just never thought we would see another season.  The temperatures have been above 0 this week and it's causing all my beautiful snow to melt.  I have to say that I'm ready now to see something different.  Don't get me wrong, if it snowed tomorrow I'd still have a big grin on my face, but it's time.  I have watched a little t.v. this week and have noticed in other parts of the country they actually have green things growing and flowers coming out.  Even my mother was bragging about being out in her garden.  I can actually see mine now, but getting to it is still a little bit difficult. 
The first week back went by quickly.  I thought I would feel sad to be going back, after my nice 2 week holiday, but I wasn't.  It was nice to be back in the classroom, planning and getting things done.  I was very impressed with my little Tadpoles, they are picking up double digit addition and subtraction quite nicely.  I was also very happy to find out that the new student that showed up two days before Spring Break is pretty much at grade-level.  I love nice surprises like that. 
My observations are over, and while not very stressful, another thing to think about.  My boss is pretty awesome so it was a pretty painless exercise.  After being in Atlanta and being observed all the time, this was an okay process. 
We went to the Trade Show last night.  It's a pretty big deal here and people start talking about it weeks in advance.  I'd never been before this year.  It's exactly what it sounds like.  Businesses have booths with information and try to get you to buy their wares.  I also realized as we walked around it's a pretty social affair.  I heard one woman comment about how she goes just to see people she hasn't seen all year.  We even bumped into people that we knew (which is still a little new to us) and thought about what it'd be like in 5 years when we knew even more people.  All in all, it was something to do on a Friday night and hey, I got a couple of free pens and a tree!




I was thinking about these for the living room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for looking. Please leave a message so that I know you were here!

 
Blogger Templates