Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Whew I made it!

This week was craziness and finally it is the weekend.  I found out after school Thursday that I would be the grade 2 teacher after expecting a 2/3 all week.  Part of me was estatic, the other a little thrown.  I'd been slowly setting my room up for mostly 3's with some 2's sprinkled in, so today we went out to work for the day to sort things out.  Of course it was the only sunny day that we've had in a week and half so I was a little bitter.  I did manage to get a few shots of the "Coolies", an area that we have to go through on the way to work.
I am officially 35.  I cannot deny the fact that I am getting older or that I am no longer in my early 30's.  35.  Smack dab in the middle.  SIGH...  I did have one of the best birthdays ever.  I had an actual birthday party and people actually brought me presents!  I hadn't expected presents since I'm so old, but it sure was nice.  I felt spoilt, not only because of the presents, but because of all the great people I had to celebrate with.  It was nice to hear the chatter and laughter all around me, and I felt so grateful.  Having wonderful friends certainly makes living here much better.
Here's to getting older.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for looking. Please leave a message so that I know you were here!

 
Blogger Templates