Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Busy, busy, busy

It's only Wednesday tomorrow, but it feels like the weekend will never get here!  I know that it's a short week with the kids because of Pro D on Friday, but man, am I exhausted.  I forgot what it's like to be in a room for 5 hours with a group of 20 or so needy little people.  The nose picking, the crying, pouting, shouting out, repeating myself 4 or more times (and that's with only one of them!) is starting to get to me.  By the time 2:39 came around today, I had those wonderful children lined up, coats on and waiting for that bell.  It's true.  No filler activity, no debriefing, just filing them out the door to preserve what ever sanity I had left.  I thinks it's because I feel like I'm still playing catch-up, planning only a couple of days in advance trying to get routines and structure in place and remembering as I go what bugs me and how I fix it.  Today was better than yesterday, and I know it will be better tomorrow, but when it was home time I was extremely happy.  It doesn't help that I am still starting to get sick, and it doesn't seem to matter how much Cold FX I take, it's hiding out in the background just waiting for a weak moment.  We stayed at work to "get things done" until around 6pm, and when we left I still felt that I was not done.  There is still a huge list in my head that needs work this weekend, but we need to get to GP this weekend.  We need to shop and we need to get out of here at least for the day.  It's looking like school is going to consume the better part of my weekend again this week, as there is talk of going out to school to "get more done".  Work and sleep is all that we are doing right now.  I know it will get better.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for looking. Please leave a message so that I know you were here!

 
Blogger Templates