Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Hooray for Summer!


Even though I am still working on tying up loose ends for this school year, I feel like Summer has arrived.  Finally.  Living where we do, the summer weather is notoriously short and unpredictable.  On July 1st it was hot and sunny- I actually got too much sun and spent the following day nursing my tomato face.  Since then, the weather has been sporadically sunny and warm but predominantly cloudy and rainy.  In fact I have had to water my plants very little in the last 2 weeks.  As I sit on my deck, working on the yearbook, I remember what summer can be like.  The slight breeze, children playing in yards, the warm sun.  Ahhhhh.  Of course with this season also brings my nemesis back. 

The Magpies.  I hate them with the strength of a thousand suns.  They are loud and obnoxious and chase the neighbourhood pets.  The worst of it is that they wake me up.  Every. Single. Morning.  Those of you that know me, know that I am a horrible sleeper and tend to be a night owl.  When you go to bed as late as I do (2-3am) and those horrible pests start up their cacophony at 5, it makes for a very grumpy day.  I have researched their necessity (none) and have also researched ways to nicely get rid of them(none, as they tend to just come back), so now I have to get serious.  Stay tuned for that little adventure.

Since I will not be working (THANK YOU UNIVERSE), I have decided on a few little projects over the summer.  This year I want to become a little more fluent in Photo Shop Elements.  I am embarrassed to say that I have had this wonderful little program for a couple of years.  I am also going to explore photography out of auto mode.  The last big one is to return to swimming.  This one is the most difficult, as the pool schedule is mainly geared to being daycare during the summer.  Hopefully, I can squeeze in between the swimming lessons and public swim times that seem to consume the schedule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for looking. Please leave a message so that I know you were here!

 
Blogger Templates