Social Icons

Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Happy Canada Day!

Really, I thought I had written something here more recently than April.  Ah well, it's a new day.

School finished in a blur, and I managed to stay out of the emergency room this June which was very nice.  I know Chris was relieved as well.  I finished up the school year in what seemed to be a rush.  I always feel like I'm running out of time in June.  We fit in learning right until the end.  No movies or wasted days in my room.  I think what helped keep out Summer Fever was the fact the weather was so crap.  We did not have any really nice days until the last week so it didn't even feel like summer. 
Now the meetings are done, the classrooms cleaned and the unpaid school closure is here! 
This weekend was wonderful!  The weather was good and we met up with friends in between our relaxing.  Already we have had two new adventures.   We visited friends camping in between Hudson's Hope and FSJ at a place called Bear Flats.  Basically, a field with trailers and tents in it.  It was hot and the bugs were obnoxious.  Today, we went to the parade and then went to the park afterwards.  Usually, we just walk home after the parade, but today we went down to see what was going on.  We got to the park had a $5 hot dog and pop and then walked around Cowboy Town.  This was a kitchy old west set up with games for the kids and a little crafty market in the middle.  It was hot.  Really hot.  We'd heard that the museum was selling pie by the slice, so we went there too.  It's good to support the local places!  We had our pie (which was delicious) and then decided that it was time to head home.  We got home around 3, and retreated to the basement.  After all the walking and too much sun, I felt a nap was in order.  Man I love holidays!  We made it out to the fire works as well, also a first for us up here.  After the storm that blew through we weren't sure that it would happen, but it did.   There was us, the mosquitos and a few hundred people hanging out in a park behind the highschool.  We managed to stay in a little clearing for the fireworks, but all around us the sky was dark and lit up with lightening.   It was a pretty cool light show.  I think our first real day of summer vacation was a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for looking. Please leave a message so that I know you were here!

 
Blogger Templates