Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, June 24, 2012

What doesn't kill you...

I have had a Kelly Clarkson song in my head for the last couple of days.  Stronger has become my anthem the last couple of days.  I have been suffering with first a respiratory infection that turned into sinusitus for the last 4 weeks.  It has included time off work, many sleepless nights and multiple trips to the doctor only to be told 3 times, that it'll just take time.  The 4th time was the charm and I came away with a prescription for antibiotics.  Within 24 hours of taking this pill, I felt better.  It begs the question then does withholding drugs really worth it?  I suffered for weeks because the mentality up here is to not "over- medicate", which amounts to patients having to beg for medications that will make them feel better.  Anyway, I'm on my way to recovery.  Finally. 

Then Friday afternoon, I decided to walk into a bar on the playground and have a mild concussion.  I can tell you that it feels a lot like a hangover that never ends.  I have spent most of this weekend sleeping.  I wonder what the Universe is trying to tell me?  My head seems to be getting a lot of attention lately.  I had many plans this weekend, but must resort to phone calls to visit with friends, and moving very slowly.  I am just hoping that the symptoms get better by Monday, or Fun Day at school is not going to be very fun for me. 

This is the last week of school for us, and I have to say I am really looking forward to it.  I am going to spend next weekend resting and doing what ever I want.  Yay to summer vacation.  Hopefully, I can stay out of the new Emergency Room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for looking. Please leave a message so that I know you were here!

 
Blogger Templates