Social Icons

Pages

Friday, June 29, 2012

Saying goodbye

I was feeling a little sad because I wasn't going to be at school to say goodbye to my class.  They have been a really good group and we have spent a lot of time together.  Chris came up with the idea of using Skype to say good bye.  He hooked it all up and called me at 9:30.  It was fun to see their expressions.  It went really well.  The TOC in my room is awesome and had most of my room cleaned up for me which will be great when I go out next week. 

I also got some pretty great gifts.  Even now I never expect gifts from students, but I have to say the really thoughtful ones (not the standard mug) are the ones I always remember.  Last year, I got a bird feeder, candles, a gardening bag with gloves and other little bits in it and a decorative piece for my house.  This year, I got a bucket filled with fresh veggies from the garden (yum) a candle for my deck, a yellow rose, some chocolate and a gift card to Chapters (hello, books for the KOBO).  I got lots of fan mail too.  I love the handwritten cards and pictures.  I usually squirrel those away for a page in the scrapbook.  Presents aren't a neccessity, but they are pretty nice.  Who doesn't like getting gifts?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for looking. Please leave a message so that I know you were here!

 
Blogger Templates