Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Life goes on

We have finally got our Subaru back and the Accent is fixed, so we are back to being a two car family again.  It makes things a little easier at times.  Life continues on in our little frozen corner of the world.  We actually got a decent amount of snow this weekend so there is a possibility that the Winter Carnival that's planned at work this Friday might actually happen.  Of course the snow might all blow away before then, I guess we'll have to see.

February is just around the corner, and it made me stop and think about this last month.  Here are some highlights:

The Crystal Cup on Charlie  Lake

Jock's Trap

Great mustache picture

The best cupcake I have ever had

Michelle's birthday
What do we do when it's -30 outside?  Go outside to watch pond hockey.  Chris was involved in a hockey tournament and of course I went to watch.  The Saturday games had been cancelled because not only was it -retarded outside, the wind blew the falling snow into a virtual whiteout.  Sunday was better and I went to watch.  I was rewarded with yummy wings at Jackfish Pub, but I was still pretty cold after an hour of watching. 
We managed to get to GP for an over night trip last weekend which was nice and I finally got to go to OMG Cupcakes.  The cupcakes were divine!  On the way back, we stopped off at the bowling alley for Michelle's birthday. 
This final weekend of January was spent doing little DIY projects around the house.  I finally have a closet in our bedroom, new shelves in the living room and the tv downstairs has a new cabinet to sit on.  Chris did all the building and hanging, while I cleaned and baked cookies.  It's nice to start the week with a clean house.  Tomorrow is a Pro D day, no kids but lots to learn!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for looking. Please leave a message so that I know you were here!

 
Blogger Templates