Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Fat Burger, it really does hit the spot!

About a week ago, I was in my classroom during lunch time.  I normally don't do this, but I had a lot to do so I stayed to work and eat my lunch.  Have you ever listened to the conversations of 7 and 8 year olds?  Sometimes, they can be really funny.  I tuned into a conversation across the room when it turned to travel.  Now most of my students have been to Grande Prairie for shopping and auctions and this is what they were talking about.  They spoke about which hotel was the best (the one with the pool and waterslide), the Mall and the different shops they were dragged to by their parents.  Then the talk turned to food.  A couple of them talked about the usual, McDonalds, A&W and other chains that we have here in FSJ.  Then one of them talked about Fat Burger.  "Have you ever been to Fat Burger?  It's awesome!"  "Oh yes!" says another "It really hits the spot!"  I had to duck my head and cover my smile as I listened to the rest of the conversation.  The others agreed that it sounded good and that they would have to get their parents there the next time they went to GP. 

Well fast forward to this weekend when we went to GP to get our tires changed and do some shopping.  We were getting ready to leave town and decided to grab dinner before we left.  We looked across the parking lot and saw Fat Burger and laughed.  We had to try it after the great endorsement it received from my kids.  It was really good!  It's not gourmet or anything, but it was a good burger and the service was fast.  I'd have to say that it really did "hit the spot".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for looking. Please leave a message so that I know you were here!

 
Blogger Templates