Social Icons

Pages

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Yesterday it snowed all day.  That's right, all day.  We had an inside day at school on June 3rd because of the snow.  None of the kids are dressed for snow anymore.  Even we have put our winter clothes away, although I did have my jacket handy.  In the last 4 years we have seen snow in almost every month.  July and August is the exception, for now.  Tonight it is pouring rain.  We managed to BBQ before the thunder started though.
As June rolls along, I am realizing that the school year is almost up.  I have so many more things that I want to try, and just never seem to have enough time to do them.  I wanted to Skype with other classes.  I wanted to put up a Voice Thread about our school.  I wanted the kids to be able to blog independently.  I'll admit the last one is high reaching, but they are almost there.  At least the classroom blog is up and running and I can start with my new class right in September.  Over the summer I really want to develop some Smart board lessons.  Of course it would really help if I could get a Smart board in my room instead of having to kick a colleague out of theirs.  There is less chance that I can use it spontaneously or as part of centers if I don't have one.  Anybody have a bunch of money they want to give me?
I have been reading more and more and have devoured a few books in the past couple of weeks.  Mennonite in a little Black Dress was amusing, especially with the background that I have with Mennonites.  I finally read the Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.  It was exactly what I expected, and I enjoyed the fast pace.  I also read A Discovery of Witches.  Very good, but the next one in the series isn't due out until next year.  I usually don't read books in a series unless they are older and I can get them all.  I don't like the waiting.  I have a huge list of books that I want to read including Out of our Minds by Ken Robinson.  We got to see him last month in Dawson Creek and it was very captivating.  He was entertaining but the message he delivered was also interesting and worth listening to. 
The days are getting longer and I have to say it's messing me up a little.  We didn't eat dinner tonight until 8pm because I didn't realize how late it was!  The kids are a little crazy because they are not going to bed early enough, but thankfully it will be over in a few weeks and then we can all enjoy our summers and recharge for next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for looking. Please leave a message so that I know you were here!

 
Blogger Templates