Social Icons

Pages

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

The house is filled with the nutty smell of roasted pumpkin seeds and I am sitting here remembering when I was a kid and Halloween was the best time of year.  Christmas was awesome too, but getting dressed up, wandering around in the darkness of the neighbourhood and trying to scare each other was very appealing.  It is 5pm and the street is starting to get busy.  Excited kids running from one house to the other, parents calling out to them to stick close.  Of course these days, kids start trick or treating while it's still light out and there's always an adult close by.  One of my students came by, she was the first kid we had this year.  She was pretty excited to see me at the door.  I also had a parent specifically bring his daughter by so that he could meet me.  We have 8 pumpkins on our steps this year, we bought them for our classes to carve.  It was a good move as we have many pumpkins and didn't actually have to do any of the work for them!  Luckily for the kids all the snow has melted and the sun came out in the evening.  I was worried for them, as last week at this time, there was about 4 inches of the white stuff on the ground.  It is only 7pm as I finish writing this, and it looks like the trick or treating is almost over.  We'll see.


On another note here are some pages I've had hanging around for awhile....
I was so inspired because of the snow, that I started making some Christmas cards after I finished my Halloween banner.  Since it is November starting tomorrow, we are going to start some new routines at home.  We are going to try leaving at 4 pm on most days, to come home and exercise.  My infection is almost gone now, so I am going to start heading to the pool and C is going to start going to the gym.  I also want to check out the new walking track at the new arena, for a change of scenery.  This week is a busy week at school with inservice on reporting and assessment, staff meeting and literacy collaboration.  Whew I'm tired just thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for looking. Please leave a message so that I know you were here!

 
Blogger Templates