Social Icons

Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

I just can't do it

I have been reading blog posts from teachers and they are still all about teaching, even though it's holiday time!  I just can't do it right now.  I have been on Pinterest a little and have pinned some ideas that look pretty good for school next year, but beyond that, I can't think about work right now.  I need some time to decompress, reflect from the past school year and enjoy my time now.  As I read through skimmed an article, I realized that my attention was not there and proceeded to "Mark all as read" for all the education related blogs.  I am sorry to those people, as I follow them because I normally like what they say, but for now I'm shutting off that part of my brain and being a part of Summer. 

We are always reminded as teachers that we need to take care of ourselves, but I wonder how many of us actually do it.  Body and mind need rest after a long school year.  I know that there are people out there that don't think that teachers do very much, but we know the truth and so do our bodies.  Just because we are not all gym teachers, it takes an incredible amount of energy to be "on" all the time.  Summer is our rest, our reward for all that worry, stress and energy that we exude for 10 months of the year.  So here's to us and the next 2 months!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for looking. Please leave a message so that I know you were here!

 
Blogger Templates